Nighthawk wireless router is mainly used for gaming devices. Although, it is not only used for gaming devices but also for setting up your internet connection. If you want to access your Nighthawk login screen, then In this article we will discuss the nighthawk router login process such as how to set up the router, enter an IP address, default username, and password, changing the login password, and so on.
192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address printed on the back of the Nighthawk Router, using this address shown on the address bar we log in to the screen and change their admin setting easily for better security. the subnet mask of this Ip address is 255.255. 255.0, or /24 in CIDR notation specifically. Some of the alternatives of the Nighthawk router are Netgear, FiOS, Verizon, Cisco, TP-link, D-link, Arris, and Hitron respectively. Sometimes nighthawk routers are also referred to as Netgear routers.
- 1 How to Login Nighthawk Router
- 2 Default Username, Default Password, and Default IP Address for Netgear users
- 3 Steps to change the Login password of the Nighthawk router
- 4 Some frequently asked questions about Nighthawk Router Login
- 5 Conclusion
How to Login Nighthawk Router
Steps for nighthawk router login is divided into three categories which are the following:
- Open the specific web browser
- Navigate to default IP address
- Enter the Login details
- Configure or change the router settings
1. Open the specific web browser
First, open a web browser like google chrome, safari, Mozilla Firefox, elite using a specific network or wifi. This connection can be either wired or wireless. But, I mainly preferred to use the wireless network.
3. Enter the Login details
After navigating to the default Ip address, enter the relevant login details such as username and password for Nighthawk router which are the following:
- User Name: admin
- Password: password
4. Configure or change the router settings
You can easily find these login details printed backside of your router. If you change your login details and you can’t remember the login details then you have to configure or reset your router settings. Now, you are in the mode to login setup.
Default Username, Default Password, and Default IP Address for Netgear users
|NETGEAR Model||Default Username||Default Password||Default IP Address|
Steps to change the Login password of the Nighthawk router
If you want to change the id and password of the Nighthawk router through the SSID network then follow the steps given below:
- First, login into the admin panel and redirect to wireless settings.
- Then, go to the manual wireless network setup in the submenu and choose the wireless security tab.
- Then click on Wireless Network Name/SSID field and enter your new login id and password which you want to change.
- Click on the Apply button to save the changes successfully.
- After changing the id and password, all the devices you connected previously will be logged out and now you have to log in to it again for better security.
Some frequently asked questions about Nighthawk Router Login
1. How to reset the Nighthawk router
Resetting any router means to delete all its personalized settings and update its new format and setting according to the user’s requirement Step to reset the Nighthawk router is the following:
- First, Keep your Nighthawk router switch on.
- Look for the Reset button available on the back-side of your router.
- Using any needle, pen, pencil, or paper clip to hold the object means the Reset button for at least 15 seconds.
- Now, release the button and it directly redirects to Restore its Factory Settings and your router will be in the condition of reset mode.
- After that log out the screen and login in again with the updated setting of the router.
2. How to Retrieve your IP address in windows using a Nighthawk router
We can retrieve the IP address of the Nighthawk router in the following ways:
- For Window Users
- For Apple Users
For Window Users
Step to retrieve the IP address of NIghthawk using ipconfig command is the following:
- First, Click on the Start tab and enter ‘cmd’ in the search bar option
- Select ‘Command Prompt’ to open the desktop screen
- Type ipconfig | findstr /i “Gateway”(you are not allowed to copy/paste the command prefer to type it) in the cmd and press enter key
- Here, you find your router’s IP address just near to ‘Default Gateway’
- Now, you can use this IP address shown in the address bar line.
For Apple users
Step to retrieve the IP address of Nighthawk for apple users is the following:
- First, Launch Terminal Window on your PC and go to the Finder option
- Then, select the Application option and then select Utilities
- After that, choose Terminal in it.
- Now, enter netstat -nr | grep default in the given space Click Enter.
- After that, your IP address will show up.
In this article, after reading all about nighthawk router login we hope that you have not any confusion regarding how to set up a nighthawk router, find an IP address and access their settings technically. Because we here we have added all possible topics related to the nighthawk router.
I have been studying Routers for a while and decided to make detailed guides for all of them. On this website, you can find the login information of every single router and the misconceptions around routers.