Motorola Router Login: The Motorola modem is a built-in router that is used to support a system or wireless router to provide wireless speeds, range, and networking support for the Internet and multimedia. It is one type of control panel web interface that provides the access to changed and stored settings. This is a detailed Motorola Router Login guide that will help you with the login of your Motorola modem.
- 1 How to find IP Address for Motorola modem
- 2 Steps for Motorola Router Login
- 3 Troubleshooting(FAQ on Motorola Router Login)
- 4 Conclusion
How to find IP Address for Motorola modem
Generally, the IP address for the Motorola modem is 192.168.0.1. But if you are unable to find out the IP address then follows the steps as shown below:
- First, click on the system preferences from the setting tab
- In the menu bar of the system, preference select the advanced option
- From the advance, tab click on Network, where the default IP address for the specific modem is listed as TCP/IP.
- After that, click on setting and go to WLAN
- In the WLAN option, select the details option where you find your respective IP address easily.
Steps for Motorola Router Login
There are many steps to login Motorola modem which are the following:
- Connect to your web browser
- Navigate to default IP address
- Enter the login details
- Change the username and password
Follow the detailed guide below to login to your Motorola Router.
1) Connect to your web browser
If you want to login Motorola modem, make sure that your device is connected to a specific area of the network This connection can be either wired(PC or laptop) or wireless(smartphone, laptop, tablet).
Using your browser navigate to the 192.168.0.1 IP address to redirect the login screen. After making a connection successfully, the network goes to your specific browser to access the Motorola modem login screen. For that, you need to use IP address 192.168.0.1 for default login by using the link http://192.168.0.1/
3) Enter the login details
In this step, you have to enter the respective Motorola modem login username and password. If you haven’t changed these login details previously, use them the same. If you have changed details, use the new password apart from it.
You can easily find these login details on the modem which you are currently using. However, the default login details are as shown below:
- Username: admin
- Password: Motorola
Default logins for Motorola Modem
4) Change the username and password
After login successfully, if you want to change the admin details then choose the advanced option shown at the top of the screen.
In the advance option, click on status and then security. In the following screen type the Current Username and Password, and then the new Username and Password which you want to update. At last, save the changes successfully.
Default Login details for different models of Motorola
|Model||Default Username / Password||Default IP Address|
|MG7310||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|MG7315||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|MG7540||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|MG7550||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|MG7700||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|MR1700||admin / Motorola||192.168.1.1|
|MR1900||admin / Motorola||192.168.1.1|
|MR2600||admin / Motorola||192.168.1.1|
|MT7711||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|SURFboard SBG1000||admin / Motorola||192.168.100.1|
|SURFboard SBG6580||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|SURFboard SBG6580-G228||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|SURFboard SBG6782-AC||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|SURFboard SBG940||admin / Motorola||192.168.100.1|
|SURFboard SVG7782U||admin / Motorola||192.168.0.1|
|WA840G v1||admin / Motorola||192.168.40.1|
|WA840G v2||admin / Motorola||192.168.40.1|
|WE800G v1||admin / Motorola||192.168.30.1|
|WE800G v2||admin / Motorola||192.168.30.1|
|WR850G v2||admin / Motorola||192.168.10.1|
|WR850G v3||admin / Motorola||192.168.10.1|
|WR850GP||admin / Motorola||192.168.10.1|
Troubleshooting(FAQ on Motorola Router Login)
1. How to change the Motorola Modem Login credentials
If you want to change the Motorola modem login then follow the steps given below:
- First, connect your browser to a specific area of the network
- Enter the default IP address 192.168.0.1 to redirect to the login screen
- Enter the default login details:
- User name: admin
- Password: motorola
- After login successfully, choose the advanced option shown at the top of the screen.
- In the advance option, click on status and then security.
- In the following screen type the Current Username and Password, and then the new Username and Password which you want to update.
- Here, you have to enter your new password two times to increase security.
Note: Username and Password fields must include lower- and upper-case letters (a – z, A – Z), 15 characters, and numbers (0 – 9). Special characters are not allowed.
- Later, Click on the save button to save the changes
How to reset your Motorola Modem/Work on factory settings?
- If you want to Reset your modem, press the reset button for 30 seconds
- If you want to work on a factory reset on your device then holding the button for another 30 seconds to restore all the default factory settings at that time is essential to unplug the power of your gateway.
- While holding the reset button down, turn on the power of your modem and hold it for more than 30 seconds.
- Your device Motorola is now in the mode of reset to its brand new factory settings.
After knowing about how to login Motorola modem, we conclude that log in to a modem, change its setting and configuration is essential to know about how to optimize its further functioning. Most of the users believe that performing some simple tasks is very easy and time-saving but unfortunately, it does not only take time but also decreases its security. Step by step Learning of the router’s login process is an easy task to maintain its safety, security, and functioning.
I have been studying Routers for a while and decided to make detailed guides for all of them. On this website, you can find the login information of every single router and the misconceptions around routers.