Belkin is one of the most popular routers with a smart interface. But people often have trouble with the login details and whatnot with the brand. Therefore, we created this article to help you with the Belkin Router Login and access all the details behind the scene.
Generally, a home-based business gateway contains two IP addresses. One IP address is used to link external networks like the internet, and the other communication device is located in our home and office specifically. Some of the LANs supply a public IP address for the various external networks. But the IP address used for the router is private default private IP address.
After you login into Belkin Router successfully, you can able to change their Admin Settings & Services like Setup & configuration, Network Name change (SSID change), Parental Control, Backup, Password Reset, Band & Channel Settings, Restore, Firmware Update, and so on.
- 1 How to Configure the Belkin Router
- 2 Troubleshoot(FAQ on Belkin Router Login)
- 3 Conclusion
How to Configure the Belkin Router
The value assigned to the default private IP address mainly depends on the brand and model of the router. While using the IP address, The administrator must know the relevant IP address which is used to link the router console in a WLAN to change the admin password, enable or disable Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and set DNS(Domain Name System) respectively. To change the general settings of Belkin Router follow the points given below:
- Using your specific browser, First, go to the link of the IP address http://192.168.2.1 (default link of the IP address).
- Inside the Internet WAN, Click on the DNS address.
- Type the respective password of the router and click the Submit button.
- Then, Uncheck all the ISP settings and type OpenDNS addresses in DNS Address and Secondary DNS Address respectively.
Note: Note down and check all your current DNS settings before redirecting to OpenDNS address, if you want to return to your previous settings in any situation.
Some of the addresses used in Open DNS are the following:
5. Click on the Apply button to Save Changes.
Default Login for Belkin Routers
How to Login Belkin Router using IP address
Steps to login belkin router are the following:
- Connect to your specific Network
- Redirect to IP address 192.168.2.1
- Enter the login details of Belkin Ip
- Change the username and password
1. Connect to your specific network
If you want to login to the Belkin router using an IP address, it is essential to connect your device to a specific area of the network. This connection can be either wired(PC or laptop) or wireless(smartphone, laptop, tablet). Using your browser go to the 192.168.2.1 IP address to log in to your page.
After making a connection, the network redirects to the login page of the router. For that, you need to use the IP address 192.168.2.1 for default login by using the link http://192.168.2.1.
2. Enter the login details of Belkin IP
In this step, you have to enter the respective Belkin router username and password. If you haven’t changed these login details previously, use them the same. If you have changed details, use the new password apart from it.
You can find these login details easily on the specific router which you are currently using. Although, the login details of Belkin IP are the following:
3. Change the username and password
You can change the username and password of belkin router in two ways:
- To change the router’s default password
- To change the wireless security password
To change the router’s default password
- First, Go to System Tools in the Settings menu.
- Click on the Password option inside the sub-menu.
- Check your old username & password.
- Enter the new username and password which you want to change.
- Save the change you made after that you log out from the screen.
To change the wireless security password
- First, select the Wireless tab option, and inside the sub-menu click on the Wireless Security.
- In the wireless security tab, click on the WPA/WPA2- Personal option.
- Enter the new wireless password in the field. It will be your new wi-fi password.
- Click on the Save button to update changes
Troubleshoot(FAQ on Belkin Router Login)
How to reset Belkin router factory settings?
Steps to reset Belkin router factory settings is as shown below:
- If you want to Reset the Belkin router, press the reset button for 30 seconds
- To work on a factory reset on your device then pressing the button for another 30 seconds to set all the reset default factory settings at that time is essential to unplug the power of your gateway.
- While holding the reset button down, turn on the power of the Belkin router and hold it for more than 30 seconds.
- Your Belkin business gateway is now in the mode of reset to its brand new factory settings.
What to do when I’m not able to connect Belkin Router’s IP?
When you aren’t able to connect the Belkin router’s IP follow the points given below:
- First, check your connection is made properly or not
- Check the IP address you entered is correct or not
- Check if any conflict occurs in the IP address
- The password you entered is correct or not
- Check if any web browser issue on your device
- If you don’t reset the router settings previously reset it
- if you are using any router firmware then upgrade it for better security
What is a 192.168 IP address?
192.168. 0.0 is one type of privately used IP address for different types of business router. The range of this IP address starts from 192.168. One of the commonly used IP addresses is 192.168. 1.1. It is mainly used for home-based devices.
After reading all about Belkin router ip, we reach the conclusion that ip is the main address line to access your router’s configuration, settings, functionality easily without any difficulty. So, try to follow all the steps and procedures given above before reaching any decision.
I have been studying Routers for a while and decided to make detailed guides for all of them. On this website, you can find the login information of every single router and the misconceptions around routers.