Netgear routers are one of the best routers in the market these days. Netgear Company makes networking devices like routers, extenders, adapters, cameras etc. Netgear routers are widely used in home or offices to access the internet. Netgear extenders help in increasing the coverage area of the existing router. Routers are easy to install via its web interface that is through the domain name www.routerlogin.net. If you are not able to access the login page by this domain name, you can try accessing the same through the IP address 192.168.1.1. If we talk about something special then parental controls feature provided by the router is the best feature.
Structure of the Netgear Router
The Front panel of the Netgear router has:
- Power LED: If this shows a green light then router is working well and proper power is supplied to the router. If it is off, the router is switched off or not in the working condition.
- Test LED: If it is blinking, a diagnostic test is being carried out. If it is in off condition then the diagnostic test has been completed successfully.
- Internet LED: If this is on then the Internet port is detected a device connected to the router. If this LED light is off then data is being received or transmitted through the Internet port.
- LAN LED: If the status is solid green then a 100 Mbps device is detected. If it is blinking green then data is being transmitted through the same device. If it is yellow and solid then a 10 Mbps device is detected and if blinking yellow then data is being transmitted through the same detected device. If it is off then no link or device is detected at all.
Rear Panel of the Netgear router has:
- Power adapter outlet: In this outlet, the power adapter within the box of the Netgear router gets connected. Another end of the adapter is plugged into the electrical outlet to supply power to the router.
- Reset button: In case you have forgotten the password to login into the admin panel of the router, this button is used. You have to hold it for some time and all the settings will set to the default factory settings.
- The Internet or Ethernet port: This port is used to connect the router to the cable or DSL modem.
- LAN ports: You will find four LAN ports on the back of the router. These ports are used to make a wired connection with the computer systems.
Log into the router after configurations have been applied (Netgear Router Setup)
If you have made the configurations or have successfully setup your Netgear router and now wants to log on to the router. So, we are providing here the steps, following these you can log on to the router.
- Access a web browser on your computer. You can use any web browser like Mozilla Firefox. In the address bar of the same browser, type www.routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.net.
- Enter the login details as admin for the username and password for the password. Username and password both are case sensitive and are in lower case. You can also change the password for your router. We will explain the process later.
- The home page of your router displays after you have submitted the username and password.
Change the settings of your router as per your need. After updating the settings, click on log out button. If you do not perform this and also not showing any activity then it waits for five minutes and then automatically logs you out.
How to change the administrative password of your Netgear router?
It is recommended to change the default password to a more secure password. If you will not change the default one then anyone in the coverage area of your router can access the internet by using the default password. The default password can be found out easily as it is available on the internet.
- Open the web interface by typing www.routerlogin.net or directly routerlogin.net in the address bar and entering the login details of the router.
- Go to Maintenance tab. Select set password to open the window where you can change the password.
- Enter the old password or the default one in the old password field. Then enter the new password in the new password field and confirm the same in the given confirm password field.
- Click on Apply button.
The password has been changed successfully
Restore and take back up of the configurations settings
If you want to restore and want to take back up of the configurations settings then you can do so. We are explaining here how to do this. This thing is important in the case if you have restored the factory default settings by mistake.
- Go to restore and backup option.
- Click the Backup button to take the backup of the stored configurations.
- The browser retrieves the settings from the router and makes a file for you. It then asks you for the location where you want to store the file on your computer system.
- Provide a name to this file before saving it. Apply the extension .cfg at the end. Enter the name of the file that you can remember easily.
- Now, if you want to restore the same router settings, browse the same file you have stored on your PC or enter the full path of the file in the location bar.
- Click on the restore button. The configuration file then goes to the router and router stores the same settings.
Please make sure you do not refresh the browser while this process is going on.
Upgrading the router software
If the Netgear Company launches new software then you can upgrade it. This software is stored in the Flash memory. The files or software can be downloaded from the Netgear official website and a zip file will get downloaded. You have to extract the file onto your computer. By using the browser, the file can be sent to the router.
Open the browser interface using www.routerlogin.net for the Netgear routers. Choose the router upgrade link under the maintenance tab. Now, you have to browse the unzip file to upload. After browsing the file, click on the upload button. After the successful uploading of the file, the firmware will get upgraded.
You can also configure your router so as it can restore to factory default settings. This can be possible in two ways. You can use the erase function exist in the browser interface of the router or you can use the reset hole that is on the back of the router. You just have to press this hole with a paper clip for about 10 seconds and then release it. The settings will set to factory default.
If you have any query regarding the Netgear router issues like 192.168.1.1 login issue, www.routerlogin.net issue etc, get in touch with us. Contact us on our toll free number or chat with us live via our live chat window. We will provide solution for each and every query related to Netgear router.