Netgear provides a huge array of different networking hardware to the users which serve different purpose. They provide some very advanced routers, extenders, adapters, security cameras and more. The routers contain numerous advanced features with which the user can manipulate and control their network as they desire. The user can even configure their network that is most suitable to their needs and protect it from any unsecure and inappropriate content. The user can gain access to those advanced features once the user has successfully logged in to the device after the initial setup. The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simply go to www.routerlogin.net and enter the default credentials whenever prompted. The username and password are case sensitive.
The user can configure their router after logging in to the router. The user can change the default username and password for their router for better security; update the firmware to make sure that the router stays compatible with the rest of the latest media devices and to keep the security on the router in check. The user must update the firmware of the router to make sure that the router keeps working in the optimum condition. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords, the banking information of the user when they buy something online and more. The firmware is also responsible for the security on the router. The firmware update ensures that the firmware of the router is also kept up to date. The firmware update also makes sure that the speed on the router is enhanced. The firmware update might also add some new features to the router.
Here, we will provide the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the router and to update the firmware of the Netgear router.
Troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 R6700 Gigabit router:
- Connect the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four ports of the router using another Ethernet cable.
- Double check all the connections made.
- Switch off the router, the modem and the device that is connected to the router and then switch them all on after a couple of minutes. Wait for the devices to finish booting up.
- Open any internet browser of your choice and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar to visit the router’s admin login page.
- The admin login page will appear. The user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding their router.
- The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. Press enter after typing in the default information.
- Once the user has successfully entered the information, the user will have entered the Netgear router.
Now, the Netgear router will have been successfully setup and logged in by the user. The user can start configuring their router as they desire.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of the Netgear Nighthawk AC1750 R6700 Gigabit router:
- Download the latest firmware from the NETGEAR Download Center and save it to the desired location.
- Now, open any internet browser and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. The admin login page will appear.
- The user will be prompted to enter the default information on the admin login page. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the web based interface will appear.
- Click the ADVANCED option and then click on Administration.
- The user will see a Router Update or Firmware Update option. The name may vary for different router models.
- Click the Browse option to locate the previously downloaded file.
- Click the Update option to start the firmware update process.
The firmware update usually takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. Once the firmware has been updated, the user can start using their router as they desire.